26 November 2015
ASFA Annual General Meeting: Board appointments
The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) is pleased to welcome two new members to the ASFA Board: Andrew Boal, managing director, Towers Watson has been appointed as a service provider representative and Linda Elkins, executive general manager, Colonial First State as a retail fund representative.
“Both Andrew and Linda will bring a wealth of industry experience to the Board. With more than 40 years of combined experience, they will be well placed to represent service providers and retail funds respectively, and assist ASFA in its mission to achieve the best possible retirement outcomes for members of super funds,” says Dr Michael Easson, Chair of the ASFA Board.
“On behalf of ASFA and its members, I would also like to extend our warmest thanks to outgoing members Nicolette Rubinsztein and Brian Delaney, who have made a significant contribution to the ASFA Board over a number of years.”
“Nicolette has been an instrumental member of the ASFA Board since 2007, leading multiple committees and initiatives with dedication and passion. We thank her particularly for her outstanding leadership as chair of the Super System Design Policy Council.”
“Brian has sat on the ASFA Board since 2013, and we thank him for his insightful contribution and particularly his key role as chair of the HR and Remuneration Committee,” concluded Dr Easson.
Michael Dwyer AM, chief executive officer, First State Super and Brad Holzberger, chief investment officer, QSuper have been re-elected to their positions as public sector fund representatives, as have Suzanne Holden, chief executive officer, fund administration, Link Group and Dean Thomas, director – product strategy and services, AMP to the service provider and retail fund representative positions respectively.
The ASFA Board has also confirmed Dr Michael Easson AM as its independent Chair.
Following the Annual General Meeting at the ASFA Conference, the ASFA Board is now made up of the following leaders:
- Michael Easson AM, Chairman, Founding Director of EG Funds Management
- David Elia (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, HOSTPLUS
- Damian Hill (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, REST Superannuation
Public sector funds
- Michael Dwyer AM (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, First State Super
- Brad Holzberger, Chief Investment Officer, QSuper
- Suzanne Holden, CEO, Fund Administration, Link Group
- Andrew Boal, Managing Director, Towers Watson
- Dean Thomas, Director – Product Strategy and Services, AMP
- Linda Elkins, Executive General Manager, Colonial First State
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Telstra Super
- Jane Perry, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
For further details, including full biographies, click here.
ASFA is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry. It is a not-for-profit, sector-neutral, and non-party political national organisation, which aims to advance effective retirement outcomes for members of funds through research, advocacy and the development of policy and industry best practice.