Superannuation Governance Masterclass
Managing governance in practice
Enrol now »
ASFA has partnered with Thomson Geer Lawyers to deliver the Superannuation Governance Masterclass: a series of intensive, classroom-style masterclasses designed to help the leaders of the superannuation industry to achieve governance best practice.
At each Masterclass, a team of industry experts will dissect a key area relating to superannuation governance and use case scenarios and real-life examples to demonstrate how the governance framework is best put into practice.
There will be limit of 25 participants for each Masterclass to allow for robust discussion, and to ensure that participants have ample opportunity to ask presenters questions.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, which can be offered to APRA as proof of continuing professional development.
Mandatory data breach reporting – are you ready for the new privacy law challenge?
Sydney: Thursday 1 June
Melbourne: Tuesday 13 June
Brisbane: Thursday 22 June
Time: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Enrol now »
Australia’s new mandatory data breach notification laws have been passed, and it will soon be compulsory for trustees to report certain kinds of data breaches to the Privacy Commissioner and to notify affected fund members. This Masterclass will look at what the new law means for trustees, and how risk management frameworks and privacy policies will need to be expanded to address the new requirements.
Key points for discussion will include:
- What kinds of data breach scenarios are relevant to super?
- In assessing whether a data breach might cause ‘serious harm’ to fund members, what weight is given to financial vs psychological consequences?
- Are the costs and utility of notification to fund members relevant considerations?
- Are trustees required to report a data breach to fund members if there’s nothing they can do about it?
- Is there any overlap between the new requirements and existing reporting requirements?
- Is a data beach an ‘operational risk event’ for the purposes of SPS 114?
- How can trustees minimise the potential reputational damage of notifying a data breach?
What you’ll gain
Certificate of Attendance. This course also contributes to the Trustee Essentials Certificate, which can be combined with experience to gain Trustee Accreditation.
3 CPD Points
Pricing (Including GST)
Enrol now »