Superannuation Governance Masterclass
Managing governance in practiceEnrol now »
The Superannuation Governance Masterclass is a series of intensive, classroom-style masterclasses designed to help the leaders of the superannuation industry to achieve governance best practice.
At each Masterclass, a team of industry experts will dissect a key area relating to superannuation governance and use case scenarios and real-life examples to demonstrate how the governance framework is best put into practice.
There will be limit of 20 participants for each Masterclass to allow for robust discussion, and to ensure that participants have ample opportunity to ask presenters questions.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, which can be offered to APRA as proof of continuing professional development.
Delivering quality outcomes for members
10 October, Melbourne | 15 October, Sydney – SOLD OUT | 29 October, Brisbane
- Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers for over 15 years specialising in superannuation, investment, insurance and financial services
- Catherine leads many of PwC’s superannuation/pension policy initiatives on superannuation and its taxation, Ageing Australia and the impact of the ageing population on products, services and workforce
- In addition to which Catherine holds a number of board and advisory positions across the financial services sector.
- Director in PwC’s Superannuation Risk & Regulation Practice, responsible for delivering efficient and effective reviews for clients in financial services on regulatory requirements, initiatives and developments.
- Carolyn’s current focus is assisting clients to implement APRA's new strategic planning and member outcomes reforms.
- Prior to joining PwC in July 2018, Carolyn was the Head of Superannuation Policy at APRA, where she was the lead architect of APRA’s prudential and reporting frameworks for superannuation and current member outcomes reforms.
Craig is PwC’s Superannuation, Asset and Wealth Management Leader, responsible for leading the firm’s market and client initiatives for the industry.
Craig has over 25 years experience in financial services and provides assurance, regulatory and consulting services to some of the world’s leading superannuation funds, asset and wealth managers.
Craig is a CFA Charterholder, Chartered Accountant and registered company auditor.
What does APRA’s new and enhanced member outcomes reform package mean for your organisation? This Masterclass will provide you with an in-depth analysis of the reforms and give you a practical, common-sense approach to implementing them through the use of case studies and real-life examples.
Key topics covered:
- the expanded strategic objectives and business plan requirements
- developing KPIs and a ‘fit for purpose’ business plan that support your strategic objectives
- important considerations when establishing the metrics and benchmarks for the annual member outcomes assessment
- the importance of data and tracking performance against your business plan
- how to avoid being on APRA’s ‘outlier’ list
Who should attend?
- Trustees and directors
- CEOs and senior management staff
- governance, compliance and risk professionals
- service providers
- those who support the board/trustee function.
Enrol now »
What you’ll gain
Certificate of Attendance. This course also contributes to the Trustee Essentials Certificate, which can be combined with experience to gain Trustee Accreditation.
How you’ll learn
Three hour, face-to-face workshop
Three Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (Including GST)
Enrol now »