Superannuation Governance Masterclass
Managing governance in practiceEnquire now »
The Superannuation Governance Masterclass is a series of intensive, classroom-style masterclasses designed to help the leaders of the superannuation industry to achieve governance best practice.
At each Masterclass, a team of industry experts will dissect a key area relating to superannuation governance and use case scenarios and real-life examples to demonstrate how the governance framework is best put into practice.
There will be limit of 20 participants for each Masterclass to allow for robust discussion, and to ensure that participants have ample opportunity to ask presenters questions.
Participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, which can be offered to APRA as proof of continuing professional development.
Bringing member outcomes to life
- Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers for over 15 years specialising in superannuation, investment, insurance and financial services
- Catherine leads many of PwC’s superannuation/pension policy initiatives on superannuation and its taxation, Ageing Australia and the impact of the ageing population on products, services and workforce
- In addition to which Catherine holds a number of board and advisory positions across the financial services sector.
- Director in PwC’s Superannuation Risk & Regulation Practice, responsible for delivering efficient and effective reviews for clients in financial services on regulatory requirements, initiatives and developments.
- Carolyn’s current focus is assisting clients to implement APRA's new strategic planning and member outcomes reforms.
- Prior to joining PwC in July 2018, Carolyn was the Head of Superannuation Policy at APRA, where she was the lead architect of APRA’s prudential and reporting frameworks for superannuation and current member outcomes reforms.
Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers with 10 years experience specialising in superannuation and group life insurance
- Nathan is actively involved in assisting superannuation industry clients with strategic advice, mergers, administration and outsourcing arrangements, financial advice and policy work.
- Nathan is a qualified Actuary (FIAA) and holds an MBA from Macquarie Graduate School of Management.
- Nathan is actively involved in public policy work and sits on the Actuaries Institute’s Public Policy Council Committee. Nathan also undertook a six month secondment to Department of Treasury, Canberra in 2018.
The importance of member outcomes is paramount as funds prepare to complete their first annual business performance review in 2020 following the commencement of SPS 515 and the release of APRA’s heatmap.
Join this highly practical Governance Masterclass—delivered by experts from PwC—to learn about tools and approaches your super fund can use to enhance decision-making, governance and data in support of member outcomes.
Build on existing knowledge
Going beyond requirements and metrics, this Masterclass describes practices that support the delivery of quality outcomes for members. It offers entirely new insights, even for those who attended ASFA’s Delivering quality outcomes for members masterclass last year.
Key topics covered:
- unpacking the APRA heatmaps as a source of insights into your fund
- early implementation insights from the industry
- the treatment of choice products pending legislative definition
- creating cohesive and complete member outcomes assessments
- preparing business cases to support board deliberations on member outcomes expenditure
- the data trustees need to assess the quality of member outcomes.
Who should attend?
- Trustees and directors
- CEOs and senior management staff
- governance, compliance and risk professionals
- service providers
- those who support the board/trustee function.
Enquire now »
What you’ll gain
Certificate of Attendance.
How you’ll learn
Three hour, face-to-face workshop
Three Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (Including GST)
Enquire now »