Improving productivity within superannuation
Policy update | 5 August 2020
With a view to meeting future challenges in a post-COVID world, ASFA has been collating productivity ideas from members through our Policy Councils, Discussion and Working Groups.
Based on the ideas received, ASFA is advocating for the following changes to improve the industry’s productivity and efficiency:
- centralise data reporting
- change default communication medium from paper to electronic
- make advice more accessible for members
- make it easier for members to make a contribution and to claim a tax deduction
- address issues related to Successor Fund Transfers and changes of trustee
- ensure greater stability in policy settings.
We have engaged with Treasury and Government in progressing these ideas and will continue to advocate for these changes to achieve a more efficient system.
Want to know more?
Read more about ASFA’s proposed productivity changes here.
Questions or comments?
If you have any questions or comments about the measures, please contact Maggie Kaczmarska, Senior Policy Advisor or Fiona Galbraith, Director Policy.