The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) is pleased to announce the appointment of one new Director, the re-election of five current Directors, and the extension of three current ASFA Directors following the recent AGM. The ASFA Life Membership award recipients were also announced.
Extension of Board appointments
As a result of approved amendments to the Constitution, a resolution was passed to extend the appointment of Independent Director (and Chair) Dr Michael Easson AM for up to one year and to extend the appointments of additional Directors Andrew Fraser, Chair of Sunsuper, and Frank Lombardo, Chief Operating Officer, IOOF, for two more years.
ASFA is pleased to welcome Adam Gee, Deputy CEO/ Head of Strategy, GROW Super to the ASFA Board as a new Director representing service providers.
Dr Easson thanked outgoing Director, Jo-Anne Bloch for her contribution to the ASFA Board and wished her well for the future.
Four Directors have been re-elected to the ASFA Board – service provider representative Andrew Boal, public fund representatives Damian Hill and Deanne Stewart, and retail fund representatives Melinda Howes and Kelly Power.
ASFA Board members
Following the Annual General Meeting, the ASFA Board is made up of the following directors:
- Debby Blakey, Chief Executive Officer, HESTA
- Leeanne Turner, Chief Executive Officer, Spirit Super
Public sector funds
- Damian Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC)
- Deanne Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, Aware Super
- Adam Gee, Deputy CEO/ Head of Strategy, GROW Super
- Andrew Boal (Fellow of ASFA), Partner, Deloitte
- Melinda Howes (Fellow of ASFA), Managing Director, BT Superannuation
- Kelly Power, Chief Executive Officer, Colonial First State
- Michael Clancy, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, TelstraSuper
- Andrew Fraser, Chair of Sunsuper
- Frank Lombardo, Chief Operating Officer, IOOF
ASFA Life Membership recipients
ASFA is also delighted to announce that the following members received Life Membership awards:
- Ian Silk – in recognition and appreciation of the special contribution he has given to the superannuation industry being CEO of AustralianSuper for 15 years, and to ASFA as a member of the Board between 2001 and 2010, member of the Conference Committee between 2007 to 2011 and again between 2017 to 2019, Chair and member of various other Committees and Policy Councils between 2001 and 2011.
- Brian Zanker – in recognition and appreciation of the special contribution he has given to the superannuation industry in national business development roles across a number of financial services organisations since 1995, and to ASFA as Chair and Deputy Chair of the NSW State Executive Advisory Committee between 2009 and 2020, member of the Member Services Committee between 2017 to 2020, along with being a FASFA.
- Jane Perry – in recognition and appreciation of the special contribution she has given to the superannuation industry being Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Super, Chief Executive Officer of J.P. Morgan Treasury and Securities Services Australia, and to ASFA as a member of the Board between 2013 and 2015, member of the Board Policy Committee between 2013 to 2015, and Chair of the Member Services Committee between 2013 and 2015.
For further information, please contact:
Jacqui Maddock, 0451 949 300.
ASFA is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry. It is a not-for-profit, sector-neutral, and non-party political, national organisation. ASFA’s mission is to continuously improve the superannuation system, so all Australians can enjoy a comfortable and dignified retirement.
Back to top Back to Media Releases