The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) is pleased to announce the appointment of two additional Directors to the ASFA Board: Andrew Fraser, Chair of Sunsuper, and Frank Lombardo, Chief Operating Officer, IOOF.
These appointments follow the passing of a special resolution allowing two additional Directors be appointed to the ASFA Board for an interim period until the 2021 Annual General Meeting.
“I am pleased to have Andrew and Frank join the ASFA Board as we work to address the challenges presented by COVID-19, the changing legislative and regulatory landscape, and the increasing importance of securing sustainable retirement outcomes for Australians,” said ASFA Chair, Dr Michael Easson.
Four directors were re-elected to the ASFA Board – Industry sector representatives Debby Blakey and Leeanne Turner, and Corporate sector representatives Michael Clancy and Chris Davies.
Following the Annual General Meeting, which was held online on 28 October 2020 due to COIVD-19, the ASFA Board is made up of the following directors:
- Dr Michael Easson AM, Chairman, Founding Director of EG Funds Management
- Debby Blakey, Chief Executive Officer, HESTA
- Leeanne Turner, Chief Executive Officer, MTAA Superannuation Fund
Public sector funds
- Damian Hill, Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC)
- Deanne Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, Aware Super
- Jo-Anne Bloch, Leader, Mercer Administration Services
- Andrew Boal (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, Rice Warner
- Melinda Howes (Fellow of ASFA), General Manager of Superannuation, BT Financial Group
- Kelly Power, General Manager Product, Colonial First State
- Michael Clancy, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, TelstraSuper
- Andrew Fraser, Chair of Sunsuper
- Frank Lombardo, Chief Operating Officer, IOOF
For further information, please contact:
Jacqui Maddock, 0451 949 300.
ASFA is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry. It is a not-for-profit, sector-neutral, and non-party political, national organisation. ASFA’s mission is to continuously improve the superannuation system, so all Australians can enjoy a comfortable and dignified retirement.