The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) is pleased to welcome two new members who have been appointed to fill casual vacancies on the ASFA Board: Deanne Stewart, incoming Chief Executive Officer, First State Super as a public sector representative and John McMurtrie, Managing Director, Link Group as a service provider representative. They will fill the vacancies left by Michael Dwyer AM and Suzanne Holden.
ASFA Chair Dr Michael Easson said he is looking forward to Deanne and John joining the board and working with ASFA towards its mission to improve the superannuation system for all Australians so they can enjoy a comfortable retirement.
John has more than 40 years of business experience and 35 years’ experience in financial services and superannuation.
Deanne has a wealth of experience working in insurance in superannuation and finance in Australia, as well as New York and London.
Dr Easson acknowledged Michael Dwyer AM and Suzanne Holden for their significant contributions to the ASFA board and wished them both well for the future. Michael joined the board in 2009 and has recently served as Chair of the Member Services Committee and EPARC Committee and as a member of the Policy Committee. He has retired from his position as CEO of First State Super and stepped down from his role on the ASFA board.
During her time on the board, Suzanne made a valuable contribution to the Human Resources & Remuneration and Policy Committees. She has stepped down following her departure from the Link Group.
Four directors have been re-elected to the ASFA Board – corporate fund representatives, Michael Clancy and Chris Davies and industry fund representatives David Elia and Leeanne Turner.
Following the Annual General Meeting and Board meeting at the ASFA Conference, the ASFA Board is made up of the following directors:
- Dr Michael Easson AM, Chairman, Founding Director of EG Funds Management
- David Elia (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, HOSTPLUS
- Leeanne Turner, Chief Executive Officer, MTAA Superannuation Fund
Public sector funds
- Peter Carrigy-Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
- Deanne Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, First State Super
- Andrew Boal (Fellow of ASFA), Head of Australasia, Willis Towers Watson
- John McMurtrie, Managing Director, Link Group
- Linda Elkins, Executive General Manager, Colonial First State
- Melinda Howes (Fellow of ASFA), General Manager of Superannuation, BT Financial Group
- Michael Clancy, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, TelstraSuper
For further details, including full biographies, click here.
For further information, please contact:
Kate McNamara, 0451 949 300.
ASFA is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry. It is a not-for-profit, sector-neutral, and non-party political, national organisation. ASFA’s mission is to continuously improve the superannuation system, so all Australians can enjoy a comfortable and dignified retirement.