The Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia (ASFA) is pleased to welcome two new members who have been elected to the ASFA Board: Melinda Howes, General Manager of Superannuation, BT Financial Group as a retail fund representative and Peter Carrigy-Ryan, Chief Executive Officer of the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation as a public sector fund representative.
ASFA Chair Dr Michael Easson said Peter and Melinda would bring a wealth of industry experience to the board and ably assist ASFA in its mission to lift Australian retirement outcomes.
“Peter has more than 30 years’ experience in financial services and superannuation,” he said.
“Melinda is an actuary whose career has spanned policy, strategy, consulting, product and sales work in superannuation, wealth management, insurance and not-for-profit entities.”
Dr Easson acknowledged the significant contributions of Brad Holzberger and Dean Thomas, who stood down at the end of their terms, and wished them both well for the future.
Four directors have been re-elected to the ASFA Board – public sector representative, Michael Dwyer, retail representative Linda Elkins and service provider representatives, Andrew Boal and Suzanne Holden.
The ASFA Board has also confirmed Dr Michael Easson AM as its Independent chair.
Following the Annual General Meeting at the ASFA Conference, the ASFA Board is made up of the following directors:
- Dr Michael Easson AM, Chairman, Founding Director of EG Funds Management
- David Elia (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, HOSTPLUS
- Damian Hill (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, REST Superannuation
Public sector funds
- Peter Carrigy-Ryan, Chief Executive Officer, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
- Michael Dwyer AM (Fellow of ASFA), Chief Executive Officer, First State Super
- Andrew Boal, Head of Australasia, Willis Towers Watson
- Suzanne Holden, Chief Executive Officer, Link Group Fund Administration
- Linda Elkins, Executive General Manager, Colonial First State
- Melinda Howes, General Manager of Superannuation, BT Financial Group
- Michael Clancy, Chief Executive Officer, Qantas Superannuation
- Chris Davies, Chief Executive Officer, TelstraSuper
For further details, including full biographies, click here.
For further information, please contact:
Teresa Mullan, Media Manager, 0451 949 300.
ASFA is the peak policy, research and advocacy body for Australia’s superannuation industry. It is a not-for-profit, sector-neutral and non-party political, national organisation. ASFA’s mission is to continuously improve the superannuation system so people can live in retirement with increasing prosperity. We focus on the issues that affect the entire superannuation system and represent more than 90 per cent of the 14.8 million Australians with superannuation.