An introduction to the Australian superannuation system
Enrol now »
Why complete the course?
The technical jargon, legislation and the general complexity of the industry can be overwhelming when you’re new to the industry. Super Foundations will give you an understanding of how super works and how the industry operates.
Is this course right for you?
Super Foundations is an ideal course for you if you’re new to the super industry, especially if you work in a role related to client services/contact centres, administration, marketing and communications, HR and payroll, or IT/operations. Super Foundations is also a great starting point for new trustees, as it provides a ‘big picture’ perspective of the industry.
What you’ll learn about
- The importance of superannuation in retirement planning
- How the superannuation system works
- The different types of super funds and fund designs
- Governing rules and the role of the trustees
- Different types of superannuation contributions and benefits
- The need for insurance and beneficiary nominations
- Asset classes and risk, and the role of diversification.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Certificate of Completion.
How you can learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: six months
Pricing (including GST)
Enrol now »