Next virtual workshop:
Thursday 8 September 2022, 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Enrol now »
Be super savvy, super-fast
Need to understand super in a hurry?
Super Essentials gives you a broad understanding of how super and the industry works in as little as 3.5 hours! Whether you’re new to the industry, needing to understand how super works, or in a senior role requiring a quick refresher, Super Essentials is your shortcut to understanding the essentials of superannuation. Broken down into bite-sized modules, this on-demand self-paced course can be conveniently accessed on any device, at any time, so you can fit study around family, life, and work commitments. It is also flexible enough to be completed in a half-day virtual or face-to-face workshop format for those who prefer to learn with ASFA’s industry leading trainers and network with industry peers.
Now everyone can be super savvy, super-fast
ASFA’s Super Essentials course has been updated, streamlined, simplified and restructured to get you super savvy, super-fast. Now even more relevant, succinct and easier to follow, this is the most convenient way to understand super in a hurry.
Five reasons to love the new Super Essentials online course:
- Clear, self-paced interactive eLearning format
- Demystifies super in seven bite-sized modules (reduced from 23)
- Accessible on any device, at any time
- Clearly explained up to date legislative and technical information
- Fast tracked eLearning in only 3.5 hours (previously 13 hours).
Anyone working in a superannuation role will benefit from the new and improved course, including client services/contact centres, administration, marketing and communications, HR and payroll, IT/operations and trustees. This user-friendly course also provides essential knowledge for anyone working in related areas including payroll providers, insurance companies, law firms, marketing firms and advertising agencies.
What’s covered in the course?
- What superannuation is and why it is important.
- The different types of super funds and fund designs, and the role of the trustee.
- The main government agencies who regulate the superannuation industry and the key legislation governing it.
- The different types of contributions that can be made to superannuation funds.
- The basics of investment as well as the important responsibilities of trustees when it comes to investments.
- The role of insurance within the superannuation industry as well as the different types of insurance cover available to members.
- The different types of superannuation benefits and how and when they are paid out.
Flexible learning formats
Super Essentials is offered as a choice of eLearning or virtual workshop formats to fit around busy schedules.
Flexible online learning
This fully online, self-paced eLearning course is accessible on any device at any time.
All modules can be accessed on any device that has internet access, so learners can study in the office, at home, or while traveling to and from work.
3-hour online virtual workshop + access to eLearning modules to reinforce learning and the online multiple choice quiz.
ASFA’s virtual workshops are a live and interactive learning experience. Participants can engage with industry-leading presenters who are experts in their field, together with their peers, just like they would at an ASFA face to face workshop. It is a unique opportunity to workshop ideas and concepts in a collaborative online environment facilitated by experts.
Virtual workshops are limited to 30 participants to allow for discussion, and to ensure that participants have ample opportunity to ask presenters questions.
Super Essentials is self-paced, so while each module gives you a suggested timing, every learner is different and should work at their own pace. However, the estimated overall time commitment for the whole course is approximately 3.5 hours and you have 3 months to complete it in.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Certificate of Completion.