Super Admin: Benefits
Learn how to assist fund members to access their superannuation benefits
Enrol now »
Why complete the course?
The partner subject to Super Admin: Accumulation, this course explores the rules and processes involved in assisting fund members access their superannuation benefits to support their retirement through rollovers, lump sums or retirement income streams. Super Admin: Benefits provides an in-depth explanation of the legislative requirements and tax treatment of benefit payments, including both lump sums and pensions.
Is this course right for you?
It is the ideal next step for people who have completed Super Admin: Accumulation. It is also suitable for superannuation administrators working specifically in the benefits/drawdown area of businesses.
What you’ll learn about
- How Australia’s retirement income system operates and issues related to adequacy
- The main activities involved in the administration of super funds during the benefit payment phase
- Benefit payment processes, including death and disablement benefits
- Types of insurance and insurance claims
- The role of the administrator in dealing with retirement income streams
- Legal requirements for trustees of super funds regarding reporting to members
- Procedures to be followed in relation to the division of super assets on the breakdown of a marriage
- Year-end tasks for the administrator
- Requirements and processes for dealing with complaints.
How you’ll be assessed
Quizzes, online assessments and written assignments.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Statement of Attainment.
FNSSUP410 Establish and administer retirement income streams
FNSSUP501 Supervise complaints procedures
FNSSUP505 Produce reports for superannuation
FNSSUP506 Supervise and monitor operational guidelines in a superannuation organisation
FNSSUP507 Review compliance with regulatory and contractual obligations
This subject also forms part of the FNS50715 Diploma of Superannuation a nationally recognised qualification.
Click here to see the full list of units of competencies for the FNS50715 Diploma of Superannuation qualification.
How you can learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: six months
24 CPD Points
Pricing (GST exempt)
Enrol now »