RG 146 Superannuation
The industry's premier compliance course
Enrol now »
See dates »
Why complete the course?
RG 146 Superannuation will give you both the generic knowledge and superannuation-specialist knowledge needed for you to give general advice in superannuation, as part of ASIC’s RG 146 requirements.
Is this course right for you?
It’s ideal for you if you have direct contact with super fund members and are required to be compliant with ASIC’s RG 146. RG 146 Superannuation is also beneficial to you if you want to enhance your technical knowledge. RG 146 compliance is highly regarded by industry employers.
What you’ll learn about
- How the superannuation system operates
- The legal environment of the financial services industry
- The roles of the government bodies regulating superannuation
- Duties and responsibilities of trustees
- Administrative tasks associated with a super fund
- Types of contributions
- Superannuation benefits: when they can be paid and how they are treated
- The trustees’ role in relation to the investment of fund assets
- The main types of financial markets in Australia
- How superannuation is invested
- The impact of economic factors such as inflation, interest rates and government policies on Australia’s financial markets
- Social security benefits for retired people
- Planning for retirement.
How you’ll be assessed
Quizzes, online assessments and written assignments.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Statement of Attainment.
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSINC402 Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by an organisation or sector
FNSASICU503 Provide advice in superannuation (knowledge component only)
This subject forms the first step in obtaining the FNS50715 Diploma of Superannuation, a nationally recognised qualification.
Click here to see the full list of units of competencies for the FNS50715 Diploma of Superannuation qualification.
How you can learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: six months
- Three-day face-to-face workshop.
Pricing (GST exempt)
Enrol now »