RG 146 Superannuation
Enrol now » Course outline
The superannuation industry's premier compliance course
Need to get up to speed on super?
ASFA's RG 146 Superannuation course is the industry leading and most flexible RG 146 course available in the market. Designed specifically for the superannuation industry, it satisfies the ASIC requirements for the provision of general advice in superannuation.
It is updated annually to ensure its content remain current and incorporates any legislative changes.
Gain specialist super skills even faster
ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation has recently undergone a major upgrade. Redesigned with convenience, speed and relevance in mind, our newly upgraded RG 146 Superannuation course can give you, or your organisation, a leading edge – in less time than it did previously. Offering an entirely new and improved learning experience together with the same level of flexibility and technical nous you have come to expect, the newly upgraded course features a streamlined course structure, more targeted content and clearer explanations of key concepts
Flexible learning formats
RG 146 Superannuation is offered as a choice of e-learning, virtual workshop, face to face workshop or blended learning formats to fit around busy schedules.
Flexible online learning
This fully online, self-paced e-learning course is accessible on any device at any time.
All modules can be accessed on any device that has internet access, so learners can study in the office, at home, or while traveling to and from work.
Designed to deliver the same level of engagement and learning as a face-to-face setting, the RG 146 virtual workshop contains a blend of live-streamed presentations and Q&A time with 2 full days of face-to-face content spread over 3 shorter days online. This is a great option for those who prefer to interact with ASFA's experienced trainers and network with industry peers.
The virtual workshop course is run over 3 days with 5 hours of facilitated workshop time each day.
Assessments are then completed online via the ASFA Learning Hub following the virtual workshops.
A two-day workshop format is an option for those who prefer to learn face-to-face with ASFA's experienced trainers and network with industry peers.
Participants also gain access to interactive e-learning modules to reinforce learning.
Assessments are then completed online via the ASFA Learning Hub following the workshop.
For corporate groups only – ASFA's RG 146 Superannuation course is flexible enough to be delivered in a blended format with a tailored combination of a series of virtual workshops complemented by interactive e-learning modules.
Who is this course for?
Ideal for experienced industry professionals wanting to build on their technical knowledge or those needing to engage directly with super fund members.
ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation course has some significant advantages:
- Significantly upgraded with more succinct, clearer and visually engaging course materials
- Shorter timeframes to complete – face-to-face workshop now two days instead of three
- The very latest content – incorporating all recent legislative changes
- Leveraging the deep industry expertise of the ASFA policy & research team
- Offers the choice of e-learning, virtual workshop, face to face classroom or blended learning formats
- Fully interactive e-learning which can be accessed any time on any device, allowing you to work at your own pace and in your own time
- Given the scale and pace of change in superannuation, ASFA recommends that you undertake the RG146 superannuation course every five years to ensure your knowledge remains current.
What’s covered in the course?
The course consists of 9 modules covering:
- What makes up the superannuation industry and how it operates
- Governance, legislation and regulation of the superannuation industry and the responsibilities of trustees
- Types of contributions
- How superannuation is invested and the trustees’ role in relation to the investment of fund assets
- Insurance in superannuation
- Superannuation benefits: when they can be paid and how they are treated
- Member communications, types of advice, and internal and external dispute resolution requirements
- The main types of financial markets in Australia and the impact of economic factors such as inflation, interest rates and government policies on Australia’s financial markets
- Planning for retirement and the Age Pension
Units of competency
No units of competency are awarded for this course.
You will be assessed by an online exam and written assignment.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of the course certifying that the education requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG 146) for providing general advice in superannuation have been met.
Learners have six months to complete ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation course. Those with prior superannuation industry experience may complete the course in less time. The estimated time commitment for the whole course is approximately 20 hours (including self-directed study time).