RG 146 Superannuation
Access the new online self-paced e-learning format anytime, anywhere
Enrol now »
Need to get up to speed on super?
RG 146 Superannuation is not only mandatory for anyone providing general advice, it is considered the benchmark course for acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to work in superannuation and financial services more broadly. This fully online, self-paced, e-learning course is accessible on any device, at any time. Importantly, it satisfies the ASIC requirements for the provision of general advice in superannuation. Introducing a new interactive e-learning format developed by Money101, the financial services industry’s leading developer of online programs, ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation is highly regarded by industry employers.
Flexible learning formats
RG 146 Superannuation is also offered as a three-day workshop in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, or in a blended learning format with a mix of face-to-face and online modules to suit individual client needs.
ASFA’s new RG 146 Superannuation course has some significant advantages:
- The very latest content – it incorporates all recent legislative changes
- Leveraging the deep industry expertise of the ASFA policy & research team
- Offers the choice of e-learning, workshop or blended learning formats
- Fully interactive e-learning which can be accessed any time on any device, allowing you to work at your own pace and in your own time
Given the scale and pace of change in superannuation, ASFA recommends that you undertake the RG146 superannuation course every five years to ensure your knowledge remains current.
For those wishing to become accredited to provide personal advice, there is the Personal Advice: Skills Program which can be added on to RG 146 Superannuation.
What’s covered in the course?
The course consists of 10 modules covering:
- How the superannuation system operates
- The legal environment of the financial services industry and the roles of the government bodies regulating superannuation
- Duties and responsibilities of trustees
- Administrative tasks associated with a super fund
- Types of contributions
- Superannuation benefits: when they can be paid and how they are treated
- How superannuation is invested and the trustees’ role in relation to the investment of fund assets
- The main types of financial markets in Australia and the impact of economic factors such as inflation, interest rates and government policies on Australia’s financial markets
- Social security benefits for retired people
- Planning for retirement.
Units of competency
No units of competency are awarded for this course.
You will be assessed by an online exam and written assignment.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of the course certifying that the education requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG 146) for providing general advice in superannuation have been met.
Flexible learning to suit busy lives
Enjoy the flexibility and convenience of accessing content when and where it suits as RG 146 Superannuation is compatible with all devices including iPads and smart phones. All units are online so you can easily fit study around family, life and work commitments.
The RG 146 Superannuation e-learning course is self-paced, so while each module gives you a suggested timing, every learner is different and should work at their own pace. With access to the course for six months, you will need to set aside around 90 minutes each week to complete the course. The estimated time commitment for the whole course is approximately 40 hours (including self-directed study time).
24 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (inc GST)
Enrol now »