RG 146 Superannuation
The superannuation industry's premier compliance course
Enrol now »
Need to get up to speed on super?
ASFA's RG 146 Superannuation course is the industry leading and most flexible RG 146 course available in the market. Designed specifically for the the superannuation industry, it satisfies the ASIC requirements for the provision of general advice in superannuation.
It is updated annually to ensure its content remain current and incorporates any legislative changes.
Flexible learning formats
RG 146 Superannuation is offered as a choice of e-learning, workshop or blended learning formats to fit around busy schedules.
Flexible online learning
This fully online, self-paced e-learning course is accessible on any device at any time.
All modules can be accessed on any device that has internet access, so learners can study in the office, at home, or while traveling to and from work.
A two-day workshop format is an option for those who prefer to learn face-to-face with ASFA's experienced trainers and network with industry peers.
Participants also gain access to interactive e-learning modules to reinforce learning.
Assessments are then completed online via the ASFA Learning Hub following the workshop.
ASFA's virtual workshop format is a substitute for our face-to-face workshop format during the current COVID-19 crisis. This is a great option for those who prefer to interact with ASFA's experienced trainers and network with industry peers.
The virtual workshop course is run over 3 days with each day structured as follows:
- Morning Session – 9am to 12pm - Virtual Workshop via Zoom
- Afternoon Session – 2pm to 4pm - Virtual Workshop via Zoom
There is also an optional 1 hour zoom meeting provided a week after the course to answer any questions attendees might have.
Assessments are then completed online via the ASFA Learning Hub following the virtual workshops.
For corporate groups only – ASFA's RG 146 Superannuation course is flexible enough to be delivered in a blended format with a tailored combination of a series of virtual workshops complemented by interactive e-learning modules.
Who is this course for?
Ideal for experienced industry professionals wanting to build on their technical knowledge or those needing to engage directly with super fund members.
ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation course has some significant advantages:
- The very latest content – it incorporates all recent legislative changes
- Leveraging the deep industry expertise of the ASFA policy & research team
- Offers the choice of e-learning, virtual workshop, face to face classroom or blended learning formats
- Fully interactive e-learning which can be accessed any time on any device, allowing you to work at your own pace and in your own time
- Given the scale and pace of change in superannuation, ASFA recommends that you undertake the RG146 superannuation course every five years to ensure your knowledge remains current.
What’s covered in the course?
The course consists of 10 modules covering:
- How the superannuation system operates
- The legal environment of the financial services industry and the roles of the government bodies regulating superannuation
- Duties and responsibilities of trustees
- Administrative tasks associated with a super fund
- Types of contributions
- Superannuation benefits: when they can be paid and how they are treated
- How superannuation is invested and the trustees’ role in relation to the investment of fund assets
- The main types of financial markets in Australia and the impact of economic factors such as inflation, interest rates and government policies on Australia’s financial markets
- Social security benefits for retired people
- Planning for retirement.
Units of competency
No units of competency are awarded for this course.
You will be assessed by an online exam and written assignment.
What you’ll gain
ASFA Certificate of Completion is awarded upon successful completion of the course certifying that the education requirements of ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG 146) for providing general advice in superannuation have been met.
The RG 146 Superannuation e-learning course is self-paced, so while each module gives you a suggested timing, every learner is different and should work at their own pace. With access to the course for six months, you will need to set aside around 45 minutes each week to complete the course. The estimated time commitment for the whole course is approximately 20 hours (including self-directed study time).
24 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (inc GST)
||Public virtual workshop
||Public face-to-face workshop
Enrol now »