Personal Advice: Skills Program
Deliver personal advice with confidence
Enrol now »
Why complete the course?
The Personal Advice: Skills Program will enhance the knowledge you have gained from RG 146 Superannuation by providing you with the skills needed to give personal advice to clients in this specialist ASIC knowledge area.
Is this course right for you?
The course is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance their technical knowledge by adding the ability to provide personal advice. This includes client-facing staff, team leaders, advisers and those who have completed ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation course.
What you’ll learn about
- The difference between general and personal advice
- Establishing a rapport with clients
- Identifying a client’s financial situation, goals, and objectives in seeking advice
- Analysing and agreeing on a client’s risk profile
- Developing appropriate strategies through a statement of advice
- Providing ongoing services.
How you’ll be assessed
- Skills assessment (role plays)
- Online written assessments & projects
- An online multiple choice exam.
What you’ll gain
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment. If you have completed ASFA’s RG 146 Superannuation (or equivalent) this course will qualify you to give personal advice in superannuation.
Competencies awarded – completion of personal advice skills program & RG 146 Superannuation:
|| Conduct product research to support recommendations
|| Provide appropriate services, advice and products to clients
|| Determine client requirements and expectations
|| Record and implement client instructions
|| Provide advice in superannuation
How you’ll learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: eight months
Five Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (including GST)
Enrol now »