Enrol now »
As part of ASFA Learning’s new Essentials Series of short courses targeting core superannuation topics, this quick, convenient course teaches you all about the critical area of superannuation contributions.
Why complete this course?
In as little as two hours, this course provides you with an overview of the different types of contributions that can be made to a superannuation fund, the various caps that these contributions are subject to, how those contributions are taxed (including how excess contributions are treated), who can make contributions into a superannuation fund and the requirements to be eligible for the Government co-contribution, Low Income Superannuation Tax Offset (LISTO), First Home Super Saver Scheme (FHSSS) and downsizer contributions, as well as the electronic processing of superannuation contributions.
And because it leverages the expertise of the ASFA policy and research team, you can rely on our course keeping up with the superannuation industry’s rapidly changing requirements.
What’s covered in the course?
- Different types of contributions which may be made to superannuation funds and the restrictions applied.
- Tax concessions available.
- Government co-contribution, spouse tax rebates and higher income earners tax.
- The claims process and timeframes, including identifying beneficiaries and conducting claim staking.
- Benefits of a salary sacrifice arrangement.
- Operations of the bring forward rule and catch-up provisions for concessional contributions.
- Difference between the transfer balance account and total superannuation balance.
Is this course right for you?
Contributions Essentials will suit individuals in, or aspiring to work in, administrative or specialist roles within superannuation funds or service providers to the superannuation industry who require an understanding of the key area of superannuation contributions.
How you’ll learn
Contributions Essentials is delivered completely online in an interactive e-learning format comprising one e-learning module and a final quiz. Online delivery means you can study anywhere, anytime.
Corporate virtual workshop options are also available – contact us to discuss.
What you’ll gain
Upon successful completion of Contributions Essentials you will receive an ASFA Certificate of Completion.
How long it will take to complete
The estimated time commitment to complete the course is approximately two hours.