Certificate IV in Superannuation
Enrol now »
Why complete the course?
ASFA's Certificate IV in Superannuation (FNS40920) is a nationally recognised qualification for those working in, or aspiring to work in, a role requiring specialist understanding of financial products and services in the superannuation industry. It covers a range of administrative related topics such as assisting with meeting industry compliance requirements, administering income streams, processing contributions, establishing and maintaining employer accounts and processing benefits, claims and payments.
Is this course right for you?
This course will suit individuals in, or aspiring to work in, administrative or specialist roles within superannuation funds or service providers to the superannuation industry.
What you’ll learn about
- Government retirement income policy and the compulsory superannuation system
- The regulatory framework governing trustees’ management of superannuation funds
- The legislation, polices, procedures and codes of conduct that apply to the industry
- The practical and regulatory basis for the administration of a superannuation fund
- The importance of ethics in the industry
- Superannuation administration processes
- Types of contributions and the restrictions that apply to these contributions
- Lump-sum payments and income streams
- Group insurance and claims
- Tax and its effects on superannuation
- The internal and external dispute resolution process
How you’ll be assessed
A range of assessment methods are used, including written questions, role-plays, case-studies, and practical exercises.
What you’ll gain
FNS40920 Certificate IV in Superannuation, a nationally recognised qualification.
Students who complete FNS40920 Certificate IV in Superannuation will be awarded the following competencies:
|Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
|Conduct individual work within a compliance framework
|Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
|Process superannuation fund contributions
|Establish and customise employer accounts in superannuation
|Process superannuation fund payments
|Establish and administer retirement income streams
|Assess superannuation benefits and insurance claims under special conditions of release
|Process superannuation benefits and insurance claims under special conditions of release
Course entry requirements
To enrol in a nationally recognised course with ASFA, you must be at least 18 years of age and meet the following criteria:
- language, literacy and numeracy requirements (must be met prior to enrolment)
You will be notified if you do/do not meet the LLN prerequisite at the beginning of the enrolment process. If you do not meet the LLN requirements, you will not be able to complete your online enrolment and a member of the ASFA Learning team will contact you to discuss your options.
For more information on meeting the LLN requirements:
How you can learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: 12 months