Certificate IV in Financial Services
Enrol now »
Why complete the course?
ASFA's Certificate IV in Financial Services (FNS41815) is a nationally recognised qualification for those working in, or aspiring to work in, member-facing roles within the superannuation industry. It provides students with the technical and theoretical knowledge needed to further their careers within superannuation, and covers a range of member interaction related topics such as providing customer service, resolving disputes, the importance of product knowledge, and meeting industry compliance requirements.
Is this course right for you?
This course will suit individuals in, or aspiring to work in, member-facing roles within superannuation funds or service providers to the superannuation industry. It is designed to encourage students to take a customer-centric approach to their roles and to operate within a compliance-driven framework.
What you’ll learn about
- Government retirement income policy and the compulsory superannuation system
- The regulatory framework governing trustees’ management of superannuation funds
- The legislation, polices, procedures and codes of conduct that apply to the industry
- The practical and regulatory basis for the administration of a superannuation fund
- The importance of ethics in the industry
- Technology selection and organising data according to organisational requirements
- Analysing customers’ needs and expectations
- Customer service and effective communication techniques
- Service standards and the tools used to measure quality
- The difference between features and benefits
- The internal and external dispute resolution process
- Workplace health and safety, including behaviours that contribute to a healthy and effective team environment
How you’ll be assessed
A range of assessment methods are used including written questions, role-plays, case-studies, projects and practical exercises.
What you’ll gain
FNS41815 Certificate IV in Financial Services, a nationally recognised qualification.
Students who complete FNS40915 Certificate IV in Financial Services will be awarded the following competencies:
||Core Unit Description
||Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
|General Elective Units
||Elective Unit Description
|Use business technology
|Contribute to health and safety of self and others
|Conduct induvial work within a compliance framework
|Organise personal work priorities and development
|Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of products and services used by
an organisation or sector
|Develop produce and service knowledge for customer engagement operation
|Develop and maintain knowledge of financial market products
|Address customer needs
|Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
|Deliver a professional service to customers
|Collect, assess and use information
Course entry requirements
To enrol in a nationally recognised course with ASFA, you must be at least 18 years of age and meet the following criteria:
- language, literacy and numeracy requirements (must be met prior to enrolment)
- computer literacy requirements
- software and browser requirements.
You will be notified if you do/do not meet the LLN prerequisite at the beginning of the enrolment process. If you do not meet the LLN requirements, you will not be able to complete your online enrolment and a member of the ASFA Learning team will contact you to discuss your options.
For more information on meeting the LLN requirements:
How you can learn
- Flexible online delivery – start at any time
Duration: 12 months
24 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points for members of ASFA’s Professional Accreditation Program.
Pricing (GST exempt)
Enrol now »