To ensure students in nationally recognised courses are properly set-up to succeed, applicants must be at least 18 years of age and meet the following criteria:
1. Language, literacy and numeracy requirements
ASFA Learning courses are delivered and assessed in English and require you to read comprehensive written material, complete a range of written and verbal assessments, and undertake independent research.
As such, before an individual can enrol in a nationally recognised course with ASFA, they must provide evidence that they have the language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills to succeed in the course.
Individuals can meet the LLN requirements one of the following ways:
- provide a copy of a valid Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education awarded at the completion of Year 12, or
- provide evidence of the successful completion of an AQF course at the same or higher level to the course they are applying for (where the language of instruction is English), OR
- compete a short LLN quiz provided by ASFA free of charge, and achieve a minimum Exit Level 3 in both reading and numeracy (estimated time of completion is 20 minutes).
Individuals can check whether ASFA already has a record of them meeting the LLN requirements by clicking the ‘enrol now’ button on the relevant course page. Individuals that do not meet the LLN requirements will need to speak with a member of the ASFA Learning team to proceed with their online enrolment.
For more information about meeting the LLN requirements please contact the ASFA Learning team:
- email ASFA Learning
- call (02) 8079 0855 or 1800 812 798 (outside Sydney)
2. Unique student identifier (USI)
Enrolment in a VET course with ASFA requires you to have a unique student identifier (USI) prior to your enrolment. A USI is a reference number provided by the Australian Government which allows you to access a copy of your study records for any VET courses that you have undertaken since 2015.
You can create your USI (or retrieve it if you already have a USI) by going to https://usi.gov.au and following the prompts. ASFA cannot create USI’s on behalf of students.
Please note that you are not required to provide a USI for any of our non-VET courses (including RG 146 Superannuation).