Associate of ASFA (AASFA) recognises experience and expertise in the superannuation industry. Associate is a stepping stone towards that of Fellow. Being an Associate or Fellow of ASFA demonstrates that your expertise and professionalism has been recognised by your peers.
As a Fellow or Associate of ASFA the benefits include:
- Postnominals of AASFA or FASFA for personal use
- Use of postnominals in all ASFA documentation, eg minutes of meetings and correspondence
- Eligibility for policy committee membership
- Eligibility for life membership nomination
- Option of listing in directory of current AASFA and FASFA in annual reports
- Option of listing in directory of current AASFA and FASFA on the ASFA website (from 2010)
- Continued listing of new AASFAs and FASFAs in Superfunds
- Availability of AASFA/FASFA only events/services
Entry requirements: Associate
- Minimum educational requirements
- Experience requirements: Three years employment in the superannuation industry
- Two references: ASFA Fellow or Associate and one other
- Detailed curriculum vitae stating experience in the superannuation industry
- Maintain a minimum of 30 CPD points in any given membership year including at least 15 points awarded by ASFA Annual CPD report
- Membership of ASFA, either as an employee of a member or as an individual member (see Membership)
- Acceptance of the ASFA Code of Ethics (pdf)
Minimum education requirements for Associate status
One or more of:
- Diploma of Superannuation or Diploma of Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate listed on ASIC’s Register of compliant courses for RG146 in superannuation
- Relevant higher qualification.
EPARC reserves the right to exercise its discretion in terms of the above criteria.