RG 146 Superannuation is the industry’s premier compliance course. It arms you with both the generic knowledge and superannuation specialist knowledge to provide general advice in superannuation. As part of the course material, you will receive access to a series of online modules designed to give students a more blended learning approach by delivering the subject content via videos, interactive activities and additional resources.
Superannuation practitioners who require a thorough understanding of the operation of the super industry and for those required to be ASIC RG 146 compliant to give general advice in superannuation. It is especially relevant for anyone who deals directly with super fund members.
This subject meets ASIC’s RG 146 initial requirements for general advice in superannuation. A skills assessment is also needed to be able to provide personal advice. It includes ASIC’s generic knowledge.
This subject covers all the content listed under ASIC’s generic knowledge and specialist superannuation knowledge requirements.
- Overview of the superannuation industry
- Regulation and legislation covering superannuation
- Trusteeship – how does a superannuation trust work, who can be a trustee?
- Administration – core administrative functions of a super fund including communication and complaints handling
- Contributions – what contributions can be received, how are they treated when they reach the fund
- Benefits – income streams and lump sums, preservation and conditions of release
- Taxation of superannuation – concessional tax rates, TFN maintenance
- Investments – assets, risk & return
- Social security – means testing the age pension
- The economic environment – government policy
- Retirement planning – what to consider
- Online quizzes
- Final assignment
All assessments must be completed within six months from course commencement.
An ASFA Statement of Attainment. This subject is also the first step to completing the Diploma of Superannuation (FNS50710/11).
- Flexible on-line (commence any time)
- Face-to-face – three-day public or corporate workshop
ASFA recommends Super Foundations or Certificate IV in Superannuation (ASFA 100) for those new to the industry.
Pricing (inc GST)
||Price on application